The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop WHM from suspending those that go over their ban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fog, Nov 27, 2002.

1. fog

fog Well-Known Member

My clients have all agreed to pay a small overage fee when they exceed their bandwidth limit. I need the auto-suspensions to end. This is urgent. Please help.

Thanks!

2. viperdh

viperdh Registered

Manually

Hi,

You could manually change there limit higher and keep an eye out for the ones that go over there limit... that's what I do.

3. fog

fog Well-Known Member

I thought about that, but this is a needed feature.

4. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

That is what we do also - if they have a 10GB limit, just set their limit to 20GB and at the end of the month, go through and manually determine who has to pay overages. Not exactly the most efficient way to do it, but it's not so bad either.

I would like to see an account setting (preferrably set by individual users in their CPanel) that gives them the option to either have their accounts suspended or to agree to pay overages on whatever extra they use.

It shouldn't be too hard... maybe someone should submit a feature request?

5. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Thats just dumb dont you think! If you have 200 accounts what are you going to do? Moniter every account? What should be done is this. Have an option that says ALLOW USERS TO GO OVER LIMITS YES NO. If yes, then the admin gets an email stating that such and such site has gone over their limit. If no, the site will be suspended unconditionally. With the email option the admin knows exactly who has gone over their limit for the month so he can take appropriate action.

6. fog

fog Well-Known Member

I agree with that solution.