The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to store sent e-mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by iaaaitww, Feb 10, 2009.

1. iaaaitww

iaaaitww Registered

Hello!

I noticed that only e-mail that is being sent from webmail is stored under /mail/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur folder.

What about e-mails sent from desktop POP3 clients (Outlook)? How can I store those messages too?

2. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Desktop clients use SMTP, not POP, to send their email, which I'm sure you're aware of. In their settings, they can either use your mail server (ie mail.theirdomain.com) or their ISP's email server (mail.theirisp.com). If they use the ISP to send email, there's nothing you can do on the server end. If they use your server, and you don't have problems with port 25 being blocked (most ISPs block port 25 outgoing to stop spamming) read on.

If the email is sent through your server, and if you use www.configserver.com's MailScanner package, you can follow the instructions there in the FAQ to "archive" sent emails. Not really newbie safe though.

3. crazyaboutlinux

crazyaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Hello

you cannot store those emails which are being sent from email client e.g outlook express , MS outlook, eudora etc..

there is another way to store emails which are sent from desktop

you have to use IMAP server instead of POP3 , imap is only a server which are allow to store email in the webmail which are being sent from desktop

hope it will help you

cheerss!!!!!!!