Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to store values from web-users into Cpanel database?

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by geck86, Aug 13, 2009.

1. geck86

geck86 Registered

I brought a web host recently and wanted to try out the different functions that I normally see from other websites. Sorry if my question is too noob, I'm new to this field. :)

I have created databases in Cpanel based on the guide. It seems to me that I have to manually key in the data into the database to store it.
    I understand there are ready-made scripts avaliable like blog, forum scripts but they arent what I want on my website.

I have seen other websites having the most basic thing such as the user registration. In the registration, there are fields like Username, Password, Email, etc.
    My question is, how can I make it such that when people enter their details, it will automatically store in the database that I have created?

Desperately need help~~ :confused:

Advance thanks to the incoming help ;)

2. thobarn

thobarn Well-Known Member

3. geck86

geck86 Registered

I have read that already..
    I have done up the database..
    But it seems that I cant edit the SQL code in the cPanel.

I can only add the scripts provided in the cPanel.

If there a way for me to edit the script or to use other ways to store values from the website into the database that I have created in cPanel?