The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to suspend account after from a period of time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lowhigh, Jun 27, 2011.

1. lowhigh

lowhigh Active Member

Hi all!

I'm new in cpanel. In the past, i used plesk, in each of templates we create, we set a period of time for expire in that such us 1 months, 3 months, 1 year, 3 year ...etc. After this this time, plesk panel automatically send notification to my customers and if there isn't any actions from admin, plesk suspend these account!

I dont' find where to find this function in Cpanel, can anybody help me? Is there any methods to implement as well as plesk
    Thanks !

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I believe currently there is no default feature to suspend an account upon billing expiry in cPanel itself, however cPanel's API can easily integrate with your help desk software that can be used to suspend accounts.

SuspendAccount < SoftwareDevelopmentKit < TWiki

There are other billing software available that work great with cPanel like WHMCS and ClientExec that can do this job for you as well.

3. nb-master

nb-master Member

Another solution is to stop crond directly by, or with a script interface for cron and suspend geranciar their customers for the date you want.

4. lowhigh

lowhigh Active Member

Thanks all!

I have write a small shell script to check the date of today, and use command /scripts/suspendacct my_user to suspend that account! Each time i have create new customer, i append some info (such as expire day) to this script and make crond to execute. It's quite uncomfortable but i think it's meet our requiment! Anybody have another method?

5. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

i agree with JawadArshad all the billing software such as whmcs can perform this suspend function for you.