cPanel & WHM Version

sajithgsm

Registered
Jun 9, 2020
Sri Lanka
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello there,

Is there any way to suspend outgoing emails per cPanel if any account send too many emails?
Currently I’m doing it by terminal:

whmapi1 suspend_outgoing_email user=username

Handssler Lopez

Apr 30, 2019
Guatemala
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In response to your question as far as I know this is only possible at the account level [domain.tdl] not user [[email protected]], in this case the entire account is blocked once the limit is reached for the period of 1 hour.

WHM »Home» Account Functions »Modify an Account

- Maximum Hourly Email by Domain Relayed.
- Maximum percentage of failed or deferred messages a domain may send per hour.

I hope someone else can provide a better answer to your question and I hope I have helped!

Vs Nu

Jul 17, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can restrict Mails per hour limit in WHM > Tweak settings > Mail Tab

If you are running an Shared Environment you can give 200 to 300 Mails per hour per cPanel

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
You can suspend a single email account from sending email automatically with some newer (v74) settings in WHM>>Server Configuration>>Tweak Settings

- Monitor the number of unique recipients per hour to detect potential spammers.
The system will monitor the number of emails to unique recipients that each individual email user sends. If this number exceeds the specified threshold, the system will send a notification.
- Select the action for the system to take on an email account when it detects a potential spammer.
The system will automatically take this action on every email account that it detects as a potential spammer. To detect spammers, the system monitors the number of emails to unique recipients that each individual user sends.
  • Take no action default
  • Hold outgoing mail
  • Reject outgoing mail

- Number of unique recipients per hour to trigger potential spammer notification.
The system will send a notification when any email account sends email to more than the specified number of recipients in one hour. Email sent by mailman is exempt from this detection.