How to transfer custom cpanel theme to other server

Def

Feb 21, 2003
Anyone know how to copy a custom cpanel theme from old server to new server?

Thanks.

Def

Feb 21, 2003
I wish it were that simple. Problem is is that there's a symlink '[email protected]' but no files I can find. This is the correct directory right ( /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend ) ?

TIA

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
That explains it. Symlinks aren't normally followed for things like compressing. The symlink allows the actual content to be elsewhere, like maybe in your /home/username directory. You need to transfer the actual content, wherever that is. If you're not sure, do
ls -l /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend
in shell and see where the symlink points to.

Def

Feb 21, 2003
Thanks Mike. That info also clears up another problem I was having.

On the old server I found that the symlink (found in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend) points to /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x

on the new server the symlink is not there in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend (probably because it wasn't pkg'ed since it was a symlink).

So my question now is do I just create a symlink with the same name as the one on the old server and point it to the /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x directory? And if so what is the code? I've tried ln -s /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x | nameofsymlink but I get "can't overwrite directory" message.

I really do appreciate the help.