Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to turn off/disable/block MySQL and Kernel updates in WHM 11.36.0.14?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlyGhost, Mar 14, 2013.

1. SlyGhost

SlyGhost Member

How to turn off/disable/block automatic MySQL and Kernel updates in WHM 11.36.0.14?

Hi,

I've just upgraded my server from 11.34.1.12 to RELEASE: 11.36.0.14 . I checked WHM » Server Configuration » Update Preferences » Those good old "kernel, mysql, exim" and some other updates are gone. I've checked around and realized that I also can't downgrade, and it says now they are controlled by rpm.versions which I don't know what that means. Okay everything is good but does that mean I won't be able to block/disable automatic updates for Kernel, MySQL anymore from any other menu or even ssh?

I really don't want my server to automatically update neither Kernel nor MySQL. How can I make sure that they won't be updated???

Note: I've done the following steps but not sure if that really helps... (I saw that over here: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/no-more-custom-packages-11-36-a-329941.html#post1343301 )

1. Run "touch /etc/mysqlupdisable" from SSH as root.
    2. Enter "MYSQLUP=never" to /etc/cpupdate.conf

I would be really appreciated if someone can guide me how to disable/turn off/block automatic MySQL & Kernel updates in WHM RELEASE: 11.36.0.14

Thanks in advance.

#1 SlyGhost, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel & WHM doesn't upgrade your kernel, and never has (aside from some buggy behavior in ancient times).

To learn how to control updates to cPanel-provided RPMs please consult our documentation: rpm.versions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...