The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to turn off/disable/block MySQL and Kernel updates in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlyGhost, Mar 14, 2013.

1. SlyGhost

SlyGhost Member

Feb 15, 2005
    How to turn off/disable/block automatic MySQL and Kernel updates in WHM

I've just upgraded my server from to RELEASE: . I checked WHM » Server Configuration » Update Preferences » Those good old "kernel, mysql, exim" and some other updates are gone. I've checked around and realized that I also can't downgrade, and it says now they are controlled by rpm.versions which I don't know what that means. Okay everything is good but does that mean I won't be able to block/disable automatic updates for Kernel, MySQL anymore from any other menu or even ssh?

I really don't want my server to automatically update neither Kernel nor MySQL. How can I make sure that they won't be updated???

Note: I've done the following steps but not sure if that really helps... (I saw that over here: )

1. Run "touch /etc/mysqlupdisable" from SSH as root.
    2. Enter "MYSQLUP=never" to /etc/cpupdate.conf

I would be really appreciated if someone can guide me how to disable/turn off/block automatic MySQL & Kernel updates in WHM RELEASE:

Thanks in advance.
    #1 SlyGhost, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel & WHM doesn't upgrade your kernel, and never has (aside from some buggy behavior in ancient times).

To learn how to control updates to cPanel-provided RPMs please consult our documentation: rpm.versions