The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to uninstall openssh ??

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by lyspider, Dec 12, 2005.

1. lyspider

lyspider Registered
    PartnerNOC

Hi every body,

I have installed a new versoin of Openssh, it isOpenSSH 4.2p1-

How I could remove the old version, it seem's that i have 2 versions of Openssh

- OpenSSH 3.6.1p2
    - OpenSSH 4.2p1

I want to get rid of the old versoin??

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

IF you genuinly have two versions, then you didn't install the new one correctly as it should have simply overwritten the old daemon. If you're simply referring to your rpm database, then you can remove it from the rpm database only using rpm -e --justdb <pkgname>. If you're using a supported OS, such as RHE, is there any particular reason why you upgraded?

3. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

Yeah, if your box is coming from a provider, ask them first as there are certain base programs that a provider might maintain for you as well as all their other accounts. If OpenSSH is one of them, it could look like a differant version but in reality be very much up to date. They could be maintaining your kernal, openssl and openssh upgrades so they remain compatible. If this is the case, the end result could give you problems if you try to get rid/replace it. I recommend emailing them and ask if they maintain those for you brfore deleting anything.