The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to uninstall phpmyadmin included with cpanel installation

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Khaleal, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Khaleal

Khaleal Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi There!

I was just wondering how may I uninstall the phpmyadmin tool included with cPanel installation, and delete the tool configuration history, so if I re-install it in the future it will be with the default configuration set by the "phpmyadmin" developers and not by cPanel?

Thanks in advance :p
    -Khaleal

2. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As far i know the phpmyadmin is a third party tool which have built in cpanel server itself .The installation files are located under the directory

" /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin " .If you remove this directory from the server.The phpmyadmin will not work

3. Khaleal

Khaleal Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    thanks for your response ;)
    I need to completely uninstall it from cpanel in order to get raid of the cpanel configuration. and then i want to reinstall it using the phpmyadmin official installation package. since I want it to be with the default configuration set by the official developers [I should be able according to these configurations to use phpmyadmin without the need to login to cpanel, only using the database username and password, this is my main goal of uninstalling it and reinstalling it again].
    if anyone knows a method to use phpmyadmin without the need to login to cpanel, please share! ;)