The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to uninstall plugins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by efuzone, Mar 17, 2011.

1. efuzone

efuzone Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I bought a VPS with root access but to my every client cpanel there are showing 3 to 4 extra buttons from vps provider company like add a domain which is redirecting their site also update billing information this is also redirecting to their site.. i learnt they have installed plugins and i tried to uninstall plugin by typing..

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin billingdetails.cpanelplugin
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin billingdetails
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_plugin billingdetails.cpanelplugin

but i am getting error

[2011-03-17 19:08:25 -0700] die [Internal Death while parsing [stdin] 30679] Usage /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin <cpanelplugin config file> at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin line 19.
    at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin line 19

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]
    Usage /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin <cpanelplugin config file> at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin line 19.

I need help please...

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To unregister a plugin, you need the full path to the plugin file, so what is the full path to billingdetails.cpanelplugin file? It should be:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/unregister_cpanelplugin /fullpathto/billingdetails.cpanelplugin
    Where /fullpathto/ is the actual full path to the billingdetails.cpanelplugin file. If you do not know the path to the plugin, then run a find on the system for the file.