The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to up load website from dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by phreshelements, Jan 3, 2008.

1. phreshelements

phreshelements Registered

I use dreamweaver and photoshop to make my website. Can any one tell me how to upload mysite threw cpanel....

2. hostmedic

hostmedic Well-Known Member

Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    dreamweaver has built in..

Dreamweaver has a built in FTP function.

I did a quick google search and found this link

http://support.afrihost.com/web-hosting-tutorials/dwmx_ftp.htm

That is a movie that you can watch and then emulate

---

Open Dreamweaver. You can create a new page, open an existing project or just to make a connection to already published web site. The first step you have to do is to define your site in Dreamweaver. Select "Site" and click on "New site" option: (or open up an existing site already)

In the Site name field, enter you site name of your choice. Specify the path to the root folder of your site components stored on your local disk storage.

Enable Refresh local files list automatically and Enable cache option.

In the HTTP Address field, enter the URL that your remote Web site will use, so that Dreamweaver can verify links within your site.

Next step is most important, so please pay close attention to it. Please click on Remote info category:

Choose access method to be FTP. In FTP host field type the remote server host name or just type your domain name.

Host directory is either public_html or www. This is the directory where you want to store your web site.

Enter your login details provided you from SiteGround.com. You can test your connection by clicking on Test button. It is very important to enable passive FTP option.

In Testing Server category, please select the remote server technology you wish to use from the list menu on the top of the window. For example if your site is hosted on linux based server and you planning to create and execute PHP scripts using MySQL database you should choose PHP MySQL server model.

Once all that is done - you should just be able to
    Click on Site and then choose synchronize.

Kind Regards,

Ps - is this Scott out of Ohio ( just wondered know another guy that uses phresh as well - but it is a big world after all...)

3. phreshelements

phreshelements Registered

thanks

thank you. Are all the people from this forum awesome......:)