The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to update MX record

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by correctsearch, Feb 21, 2005.

1. correctsearch

correctsearch Active Member

I manage my website using cPanel. I have added mail.everyone.net to provide free email to my users. It has been working for last 2 years and is till working fiine.

Recently I have decied to use our own mail server, the one provided by cPanel. Therefore I have modified the mx record from mail.everyone.net to mail.correctsearch.com

It has been modified and saved correctly but I am Unable to send or receive email from my email account.

I have also tried to trace my email account and it still goes back to everyone.net.

Can someone tell me that how long does it take to propagate? Where can I check the mx record on my server because I have my own dedicated server.

All the help will be appreciated.

reagards
    CorrectSearch

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Have you checked /etc/remotedomains for the domain and removed it from that file if it is there and put it into /etc/localdomains?

It could take a few days for the MX change to propagate, though it's usually around 24 hours.

3. correctsearch

correctsearch Active Member

My email is working now

Thank you very much Jonathan. I have made the chnages as you have mentioned in the post. I really appreciate your help.

CorrectSearch Metasearch Engine- Get Relevant Search Results!
    http://www.CorrectSearch.com

Burhan Tanweer