The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to update old cpanels ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LAZer, Oct 7, 2014.

1. LAZer

LAZer Well-Known Member

hi , one of my customers got a vps from leaseweb , the template has cpanel installed in it.
    but cpanel is for 2011 ! WHM 11.30.8 (build 0 with this error :
    The last attempt to update cPanel & WHM was blocked. Click here for details.
    whm mysql upgrade , has only mysql from version 4 till 5.1 , no 5.5 option is available.
    then update preferences for exim is on Inherit. , i have tried release and stable channels.
    but everytime , the /scripts/upcp or update via whm hangs on this error .

Code:
    rpm_is_working              ##################################################
    [20141007.203050] E Blocker found: Upgrades past 11.30 are blocked because your exim is older than 4.70 and eximup is disabled.
    [20141007.203050] W An attempt to up/downgrade to 11.44.1.18 was blocked. Please review blockers
    i tried to redownload latest cpanel installer to reinstall a new version but it couldn't work anymore as cpanel was already installed.

i have updated centos with yum update and yum upgrade and it is on centos 6.5 now.

Code:
    # cat /etc/redhat-release
    CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
    i think i must delete this vps and install a new centos and cpanel myself.
    any suggestions ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Ideally, you should reinstall the OS and then install cPanel normally. However, you could also check to see if "/etc/eximupdisable" exists and then remove that file to allow the update to proceed.

Thank you.

3. LAZer

LAZer Well-Known Member

4. LAZer

LAZer Well-Known Member

that "CPANEL=11.38 in the file /etc/cpupdate.conf" did the trick , it is upgraded to "WHM 11.38.2 (build 23)" which has mysql 5.5 option . then after upgrading mysql via whm , i can upgrade cpanel to latest 11.44 .