The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to update OpenSSL ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TogaDave, Feb 14, 2004.

1. TogaDave

TogaDave Well-Known Member

OK, I know there are a lot of you who will laugh at my inexperience with this issue, but I've got to ask...

The WHM on my servers indicates that OpenSSL is version 0.9.6b , and since the small "padlock" graphic is not showing, I'm assuming this is an insecure version.

Could someone please tell me how to update this in "not advanced" terms, since I'm not an expert from the command line stuff?

A very sincere thank you to anyone who tries to help,
    Dave

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Assuming you are running redhat 7.3 your up 2 date mate. No need to worry... yet. Lets hope fedora legacy picks up, as it is its a big flop. So if there is a new vuln out any time soon, you may need to either 1. source install or 2 find a new supported distro.

Goodbye Redcrap.. hello freebsd.. where have you been all my life mr. deamon!

3. zappz

zappz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure on this one either.

Although my installed OpenSSL version is showing 0.9.7a which I believe is the latest version (correct me if I'm wrong). I am not showing a padlock either.

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Redhat has a VERY out there package labeling system if you haven't noticed. Different versions of redhat get different version of different software. They normally patch up the software rather than add new features and whatnot. A lot of people get confused with this. I have 0.9.7a on my redhat 9 boxes and 0.9.6b on redhat 7.3 yet they are all up 2 date.

5. zappz

zappz Well-Known Member

Are the OpenSSL bits padlocked?

6. haze

haze Well-Known Member

No, the padlock has never been present for openssl.