The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to upload Maldet

Discussion in 'Security' started by PeterBoyle, Nov 6, 2014.

1. PeterBoyle

PeterBoyle Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

I trust this finds you well?

Firstly I will be straight up with you...I am an utter novice at all this, and quickly find myself out of my depth.

My issue is that I wish to upload Maldet to my server to check for Malware. I am using PuTTY, but when I enter the relevant details for the server to go a fetch the download from rfxn, it just continually times out....essentially, I am unable to download it.

I believe one of my sites was compromised via a WP plugin (Revolution Slider specifically); the site and all other site shave been updated and checked for Malware, suspicious code removed, etc. I really need to run a check on the Server though to ensure that it is clean.

So two things really...can anyone advise how I go about sorting the Maldet issue, or can anyone recommend a freelancer I can pay to sort out this issue and ensure the server is clean.

The provider I use is 123-reg, they have been beyond useless; both 1st and 2nd line technicians. It has now gone through the 3rd line (I wonder how many lines they have? Or indeed if it is just going to the bloke sat next to the previous man I chatted to).

Thanks in advance

Pete

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Try to download maldet on your server with the following command and let me know what error are you getting

Code:
    # cd /tmp
    # wget http://www.rfxn.com/downloads/maldetect-current.tar.gz

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You might be attempting to download the application from a location that is no longer utilized. Let us know if either of the two previous posts are helpful.

Thank you.