The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use 2 servers for one domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by quicklyweb, Jul 23, 2006.

1. quicklyweb

quicklyweb Member

Hi
    I have a client who wants to have 2 cpanel servers. On first one he wants to host the website on second one he wants to host emails for the same domain. How can i do this?

2. jester.ro

jester.ro Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    put the dns of that domain on the fisrt server, along with the site, mysql and ftp.

and then change the MX of that domain to point to the second server, where you configure the domain normally.

let's say your domain is domain.com

change the mx to be mail.domain.com
    and then point mail.domain.com to the second server's ip.

pop3, imap, smtp will be acceseed by using mail.domain.com, also webmail will be available trough http://mail.domain.com/webmail, not just domain.com/webmail/

it sould work.

But frankly you're better off using non-cpanel servers for this. i don't see any point in having 2 cpanel licences just for one domain.

3. quicklyweb

quicklyweb Member

Well client has 6 domains which he wants to host on this 2 servers. on first server websites, mysql and ftp. on secodn one the emails. The idea is in the case of websites going down the emails will be still available. So what is the best way of doing this

4. sumith

sumith Well-Known Member

You will be able to send and receive email as long as the DNS and mail servers are working fine.