The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use cPanel Email using only data connectivity

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Angel54689, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Angel54689

Angel54689 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Probably my title is misleading, but please hear me out. My client is using a cPanel dedicated server for Email and websites hosted by me.

They have 32 small regional office situated in different cities around the country. Their head office is in the capital city and it has the internet connectivity. The regional offices are connected to head office through IPSEC VPN (data connectivity) and they don't have any internet connectivity. They only use some insurance software through the data connectivity.

Now my question is, how can they use cPanel Email using this data connectivity? Is it even possible? I am open to any kind of suggestion.

2. NOC_Serverpoint

NOC_Serverpoint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

You can refer the below tutorial :

How to: Install and Configure PPTP VPN on a cPanel server

georgetasioulis.com/how-to-install-and-configure-pptp-vpn-on-a-cpanel-server/

And then connect to your other offices. Also configure your Exim mail server to send email by smart host.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

#2 NOC_Serverpoint, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017
  3. Angel54689

Angel54689 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I didn't understand this part. What do you mean by connecting to your other offices? Other offices have no internet, they don't have access to internet domain or public IP.

Also can you please explain why do we need smarthost?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you elaborate a little more on the configuration of the network and the specific email functionality you are seeking? For instance, can the users enter the NAT IP address from their systems to access the websites? If so, you could have them enter that same IP address in their email client as the mail host to see if it works as expected.

Thank you.

5. Angel54689

Angel54689 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    They are basically using an intranet only to access some software from their local server located in the head office. They need full IMAP and POP3 functionality for both sending and receiving mail to other domains.
    No, they can't access their website.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I don't believe this would work without the ability for the users to connect to remote mail servers for the purpose of sending mail, or without the ability to connect to the local mail server to receive the mail. We provide a list of system administration service companies at the following URL if you'd like to consult with a system administrator to receive additional feedback:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thank you.