The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use frontpage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syd, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Syd

Syd Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    All Im trying to do is auto publish the content on another sites news feed on my page. I read an article found through google that I can use a CMS to do this. Ive tried joomla (my MySQL isnt a high enough version), Ive tried drupal (wont recognize the database I JUST MADE) and now Im trying frontpage extensions. Ive enabled it. But now what? I have no clue what do next, I dont even know where to find the documentation on it. Every article Ive found is either for enabling/disabling it through CPanel, or for advanced topics. Can somebody please help me? Im lost and frustrated as all hell. All I want is to auto publish content. Though after I read about the other things these CMS can do I am very interested in learning to use them.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In order to use FrontPage, you would have to own a copy of MS FrontPage to publish using it. I really do not suggest publishing using a program no longer supported by Microsoft themselves. If you need to publish the content of another site's news feed onto an existing page, you probably could simply look into RSS feeds and how to add them to the page itself using File Manager.

Please note that while we do provide FrontPage extensions for those who have a copy of FrontPage for pushing existing content, cPanel forum would not be the best location to ask about coding a site via a CMS. If you want to use a CMS such as Joomla or Drupal, the best locations are the respective forums for those products.

I will note that your hosting provider might have WordPress available to you. This is a blog program and you might find it easier to work with a blog over a CMS if you are newer at website creation. There are many plugins available for WordPress and a site feed is likely one such available plugin.

3. wujixian001

wujixian001 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    try to use dreamweaver,it is a better tool