The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use gmail for domain email?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by AL-Kateb, Dec 29, 2015.

1. AL-Kateb

AL-Kateb Active Member

Hello everyone, I have a problem. Sometimes my IPs are getting blocked, even though the problem is dealt with, my IPs (or subnet) reputation is hurt. So now the messages are going to spam folder.

I have some domains that need a bit more care, I put them on a different IP, but being on the same subnet their messages too are not being delivered to inbox.

They have SPF and DKIM enabled, the IPs score on sendercore.org is 84.
    So while I was searching around I found articles that suggests changing your mx records to Gmail's servers. I did that but I think I'm missing something! How will I be able to receive email this way? Gmail is not gonna know where to direct emails to? So I was sure I'm missing something here.

Then I was browsing though my messages on Gmail, I found some that append "from blahblah@company.com via googlemail.com"

I searched around, I was unable to find any useful info on this subject, I found Google's Apps for Business though. Which is great for my problem, only it isn't free and will cost $5 for each email, not each domain, which I find a bit much.

So can someone direct me to the right approach here? How can I send email via googlemail.com so it does not end up in the spam folder.

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This requires you to purchase email service for your domain name from Google:

Google Apps for Work – Email, Collaboration Tools And More

Otherwise, you could follow the guidelines at:

How to Keep your Email out of the Spam Folder - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Then, contact Google to notify them your messages are incorrectly marked as SPAM:

Troubleshooting for bulk email senders - Gmail Help

Thank you.

3. AL-Kateb

AL-Kateb Active Member

Thank you for your reply, I expected as much but those articles throw me off, none of them mentioned Google apps for business, which I tried and found a bit expensive as they charge you per email, not per domain.

So I will try to find a reputable provider that will allow me this service for a better price or at least for a per domain charges policy.
    Additionally I will try to implement everything in the guide you sent and see how it goes.

Thanks again