Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to use multiple IP for outgoing email?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Remitur, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Remitur

Remitur Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a cpanel server used ad shared email server.
    Some users have their own dedicate IP, but many users (few hundreds) use the main server IP for outgoing email.
    So sometimes happen that the IP goes into blacklist 'cause of a single ser who did something wrong...

Having the availability of a dozen or so of free IPs, I would like to use all of them for shared service: that's to say, i.e., if I have 100.100.100.101 to 100.100.100.113 available, doing that for outgoing emails all of them are used.
    So, if it happens that one of them goes into BL, I can temporarily remove it from the "pool" of available IPs, and do what's necessary before putting it in use again...

Is it possible? How?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Remitur,

We document how to configure the IP address that Exim uses for outgoing emails at:

How to Configure the Exim Outgoing IP Address - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

This will allow you to define a specific IP address for all outgoing emails or for a specific set of domain names. As to your specific request, there's no feature included with cPanel & WHM that will automatically rotate the IP addresses used for sending emails on a regular basis. You would have to develop a custom bash script that uses the instructions on the above document to configure certain IP addresses at set time periods or after certain actions. There's an user-submitted example of how to do this on the following thread, but keep in mind it's unsupported and has not been tested:

IP rotation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Remitur likes this.
  3. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Although Michael's link may work (never tested) subsequent cpanel updates may break it
    We run a separate stand alone exim mail server as a smart host and it has an IP randomizer that sends out on a different IP for every mail sent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelMichael likes this.