The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use SSL and Cpanel? [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoTTi, Aug 2, 2005.

1. GoTTi

GoTTi Member

How to use SSL and Cpanel???

ok i am completely lost with the concept of using this thing. i dont know what to do or how to do it...someone help me or point me into the right direction.

got a site on a cpanel hosting, and it has the SSL cert creation tools and all the good stuff, but i dunno what to do from there.

thanks

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You need to ask your hosting provider to help you with this - that is afterall what you pay them for.

3. GoTTi

GoTTi Member

i dont think my host knows to much about the sslmod. i just want a basic rundown of what it is, how it works, and if i can run my site in https:// with it...

do i need to purchase a cert from somewhere? cuz that is what people are telling me...

i dont understand the workings of SSL. any info would be helpful thanks.

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

First you have to generate a certificate signing request .... then you have4 to buy the certificate from any issuing authority ... Verisign, Comodo nad there are many..

In any case as Chipy said ,you can't install it with out the help of your Host.