The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use ssl certificate on server with only one ip?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by khorinis, Sep 12, 2010.

1. khorinis

khorinis Well-Known Member

Hello,
    could someone explain me what i must do if i want to use a ssl certificate on a server with only one ip. I had it already one time and there i had to copy the virtualhost from httpd.conf for my domain and put it into another file with slight changes. Could someone explain it to me again please?

2. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    A workaround for installing an SSL certificate for a domain on the shared IP is to use the user 'nobody' when installing the certificate in the WHM. Be careful when pasting the .CRT in as it will override the username field if you've already typed in 'nobody' and you'll have to enter it again.

3. khorinis

I have set up SSL certificate for user nobody with serverip and main domain (look like "domain.tld") and set it then to status shared. When i try ssl now i get only a selfsigned certificate as before.

4. khorinis

Doesn't someone know the answer? It's making me sad that i can't get it to work because of my customer need it too.

5. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try removing any existing certificates on the server, and make sure you are installing the .crt file generated by the issuer and not the self-signed one created when you went through the CSR generation process.