The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to view all the mailboxes address on the server for non-admin webmail accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by HansenS, Oct 10, 2014.

1. HansenS

HansenS Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Greetings, firstly an apology if there are similar questions to mine that has already been solved (have tried looking through the forum for a bit and google with no result).:p

Siituation: I currently have quite a few of email addresses in my website that is quite active. Most of us are using the pre-instaled webmail (Horde, Roundcube, & SquirrelMail) in Cpanel. Currently it is fine for my webmail users to establish communication by adding each other into their contact address and use the mailing lists. :D

Problem: When there are newcomers joining our group, everyone needs to add the new addresses into their contact and i might want to update the mailing lists as well. :eek:

I find this quite inefficient and looking for a better solution.

I know that when the website's admin account is used, i can view&edit all of the mailboxes in the server.
    (Horde -> Folder actions -> show all mailboxes) The same action however, will return nothing when done by non-admin account. :confused:

The best solution would be one which allows an option in the webmail (any) that would list all the email addresses in the server (without the permission to edit or read others' mail ofcourse!) for non-admin account, but other solutions are most welcome as well.

I would feel very dumb if there is already a webmail service within Cpanel that can do this, but i haven't found any.

Cheers!
    Hansen

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There are currently no methods of viewing all email accounts on the entire server in such a manner. It's likely not a safe practice, but you could open a feature request for this via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

3. HansenS

HansenS Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I see, that's a shame but thanks a lot! :D