Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to whitelabel domains under a Reseller Account

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Mauwiks, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Mauwiks

Mauwiks Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    H there everyone.

Is there a way to configure the cPanel/WHM under a master reseller account to use a white-labeled default URL based on a registered domain as a master reseller?

I'm a complete beginner in regards to WHM and hoping to learn more from here.

I just got a Master Reseller Account with cPanel/WHM and I'm confused why is the URL of the cPanel accounts under my master account is labeled as the server's domain.

For example:

Instead of cpanel.example.net, it is visible to my users via server01.example.net or cpanel.example.net. Is there a way to whitelabel this through CNAME or whatever?

Thank you for the further feedback.

2. ChristosDev

ChristosDev Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Well, you should be able to do so by pointing the domain/subdomain you want (eg. example.org) to an A record, specifically the record from the cPanel URL you see normally. You can do that from your DNS management panel.

You then should be able to access cPanel via example.org:2083 and WHM via example.org:2087, same if you use a subdomain it will be sub.example.org:2083 and sub.example.org:2087

Pointing it via CNAME will also work.

Now, about the part of how to set it up as default via WHM, I could not find it, sorry. I hope someone else helps you with that.

#2 ChristosDev, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Mauwiks likes this.
  3. Mauwiks

Mauwiks Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thank you but this didn't work.

I still cannot use the configured DNS although I find it already made from the zone automatically:

WHM: - Removed -
    cPanel: - Removed -

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no such thing in the cPanel product called Master Reseller account that I'm aware of. I seem to recall some sort of RVaddon or some other company that had an option for a "Master Reseller" account though.

As a Reseller, your server options are configured via your System Administrator. For example, in WebHost Manager > Tweak Settings > Redirection tab:

Tweak Settings - Version 74 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mauwiks likes this.
  5. ChristosDev

ChristosDev Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Well basically this Master Reseller plan Mauwiks has allows to create both cPanel and WHM account via the WHM interface and yes, it uses a plugin to do that. I know this because I have a similar plan.

So, basically, there is no option for resellers to actually change the cPanel and WHM default URL's to their own (as I saw from my reseller panel) and the System Administrator defines the default domains used for login. Thanks for the info.