The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to whitelist IP range for WHM cPanel

Discussion in 'Security' started by ivan levente, Apr 4, 2015.

1. ivan levente

ivan levente Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Alright so until now I had a static IP address which has been changed to a dynamic one by my ISP following a new contract with them. So instead of a fixed one I now have 86.125.XXX.XXX

Previously I had e-mail alerts set to notify me of successful logins for either WHM or root other than my own IP. This worked great. Now I used the same way but set the whitelist IP range as 86.125.*.* in case of WHM(recognized IP addresses), and 86.125.0.0/16 in case of CSF and cpHulk.

Even so I'm still getting e-mail alerts like:
    "lfd on myserver: WHM/cPanel root access alert from 86.125.XXX.XXX"

I don't want to disable e-mail alerts, just to set it to whitelist 86.125.0.0/16 instead and stop sending me bogus e-mails.
    Also for some unknown reason I no longer can to the e-mail connect via smtp anymore. Dunno what's up with that as I can't see anything in the logs regarding smtp.

HELP?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The notification you are seeing is not from cPanel/WHM, but rather your third-party firewall application (CSF/LFD). You should review it's setting to determine the best method to white list that IP range. Their forums are located at:

http://forum.configserver.com

Feel free to open a separate thread if you continue to experience issue sending email via SMTP.

Thank you.