The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to workaround an IP listing in Spamhaus

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Kent Brockman, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Kent Brockman

Kent Brockman Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello people. I have an interesting scenario to share and ask for some advice.

I have two cPanel VPS's, right? One of them is in a server node which IP range have been blocked in Spamhaus due to a bloody neighbour practicing spam. And this VPS of mine in the listed server is the one with more mission critical websites.
    I cannot move those websites off to my second VPS because they serve too many features to several companies by IP. But, those companies are receiving bounces when it comes to send something as basic as a feedback mail to a yahoo address.

So the ask for advice is about this, what do you suggest to do, in order to allow them sending emails with no bounces until Spamhaus delist the IP range? Maybe something with MX records? Maybe sth with DNS clustering?

What would you do?

Any ideas will be thankful. Thanks!

#1 Kent Brockman, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you able to obtain an additional IP address for this server that has not been blacklisted? If so, you can configure Exim to send out all emails over that new IP address with the instructions at:

Changing the Sending IP for Outbound Email in Exim

Thank you.

3. Kent Brockman

Kent Brockman Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Well, nope. Spamhaus have blocked the entire /24 range preemptively :(
    I configured a parallel account in my other VPS with the same email accounts, and modified the MX records so they can be able to send and receive emails without having to move the entire domain. It's a provisional solution while Spamhaus decides to unblock the IP's