The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howto : Blocked visitor email address when using form

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by isputra, Sep 2, 2009.

1. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

Hi,

These days a lot of website using script that possible to someone to use it as SPAM or Illegal activity.

For example form that will send to the owner of website and do CC to the visitor that use the form. Visitor can use someone email address and sometime is fake email address. So when the form submitted with this email address, script will send to fake email address and will be stuck at our mailserver queues.

Is that possible to avoid this using global configuration at server ends not at user ends so will not stuck at queues ?

Thanks.

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Hello,

This id surely something we can help with, and after speaking with one of our analyst we agree this would be something you would need to submit a ticket for. The other option would be to go to cPanel>>Mail>>Default address, and use this to discard all email for that account. If that doesn't help please do as I mentioned above and submit a ticket. The link is at the bottom of the screen.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. isputra

Hi Matthew,

Why would i need submit a ticket for ? To submit a feature request ?

I know about cPanel>>Mail>>Default address but this solution only per account based and i have to logon to my user account one by one to add fake email address list.

4. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How is the web server suppose to know what is and is not a fake e-mail address?

5. isputra

I think if there is such a script, sysadmin can add the list of fake email so the script will look at the list wheter the email address that input by user is on the list. If it's on the list so it will be rejected to send.