Howto Disable Hard Drive Space Warning?

fluidhosts

Jul 12, 2004
ocala, Florida
Hey Guys,

How do i disable the space warning emails and txt messages. I have a backup drive on every server that my clients files get backed up everynight. I get over 400 emails a night. saying that hard drive space is low. I want to shut that off. Any ideas?

fluidhosts

Jul 12, 2004
ocala, Florida
fluidhosts said:
Hey Guys,

How do i disable the space warning emails and txt messages. I have a backup drive on every server that my clients files get backed up everynight. I get over 400 emails a night. saying that hard drive space is low. I want to shut that off. Any ideas?

NEver Mind Found it

Hello

another way to fix the problem is the following (*** how to customize limits ***)

#pico /usr/sbin/chkservd

using CTRL+w search this "if ($per > 90) {"

you will find this

Code:

if ($per > 90) { $diskbody = $diskbody . "Drive Critical: $dsk ($drv) is ${per}% full\n\n"; $disksubject = "Drive Space Critical on $hostname\n"; } elsif ($per > 80) {

90 (%) should be for critical warnings
80 should be for standard warnings

If you are receiving 1 millions email disk warning like me ,
and you cannot freeup space , change 90 with
your current max limit + 5 (i.e)
and change 80 with your current max limit + 2 (i.e)

Now save the file and close pico .
Execute
#service cpanel restart

It should work , also if these values should be changed everytime you
update cpanel .

poppyq

Jul 15, 2003
Portland, OR
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This didn't work for me. After changing /usr/sbin/chkservd I did a service cpanel restart and a service chkservd restart and I'm still getting these at least once every eight minutes, sometimes more often. From 1am this morning until about 12pm I had over 140 emails because of this issue.