The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howto: Fixing undefined symbol: zend_extensions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tweakservers, Jun 3, 2006.

1. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

I have encountered an issue on one of the server today of having problems to load the Zend Optimizer after upgrarding PHP from 5.0.2 to 5.1.4 with MySQL 4.1.19. When I attempted to restart the Apache via the SSH , I am getting the following:

This happens on all Zend Optimizer 2.6.2, 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 versions. However, the php -v do output the Zend Optimizer on the SSH but phpinfo() does not shows the Zend Optimizer being loaded.

The issue is due to the Versioning modules in PHP. I have recompile PHP 5.1.4 without the Versioning support and reinstall the Zend Optimizer 3.0.1 and viola, both php -v and phpinfo() loads the ZendOptimizer properly now.

Hope this may be benefit to those that are having the same problems.

2. mgorovoy

mgorovoy Member

Thanks!

Thank you very much for posting this information. You saved us a great deal of time.

3. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

I am glad that I may be able to help you on this ;)

4. mitgib

mitgib Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Great bit of info, thanks!

I ran into this problem and really didn't expect it from PHP 4.4.4, but it is a paravirtualized server on FC5x86_64 as a DomU with FC6x86_64 as the Dom0, and this was the last little bit to have cPanel fully opterational in a DomU, couldn't seem to get more than 6 hours of uptime out of an FC5 i386 HVM under good load in cPanel.