The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HowTo: Properly configure a host to allow batch creation of domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mobcdi, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

I've read the documentation but feel you need to know what your looking for before you can find how cPanel does it and I'm very new to hosting so thats why I'm posting this.

I have 1 host that I would like to host multiple sites on that follow the structure
    uniqueID.hostname.tld

• I have a number of old sites I want to transfer over to the same structure but don't need to create a user account for each 1.
    • In the future I will need to create batches of new sites that use the same structure but will need to create an account for 1 user to manage it for a short period before taking ownership of the site again.

My question is how do I set my host to allow me to do this?

2. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

I'm running cPanel 11.24.5 WHM 11.24.2

ok so I think its possible to use the Multi Account Functions to modify multiple accounts and take ownership back

I would still like the forums advice about how to configure my host to allow me to batch create both x number of sites with the same owner and x sites with 1 new owner each.

Would appreciate if it users would tell me whether I should use addin domains or parked domains or something completely different

#2 mobcdi, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009