Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

HOWTO: WHM/Exim Simple Mailing List

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by tawfiq, Nov 2, 2006.

1. tawfiq

tawfiq Active Member

We have published a simple HOW-TO to setup a very simple mailing list without using Mailman, it works as a one-way distribution list by simply sending a message to the list e-mail address.

You can read the article in full at:

http://www.creative-e.net/goto.php?link=4549f5a655a35

I hope that one day cPanel would have such a feature built-in.

Regards...

2. NT

NT Well-Known Member

That's a good how-to, but presumably it'd still allow someone to spoof the $header_from address, which would allow them to send out an email to the list?

Perhaps you could modify your how-to to check the subject line for a "password" of some sort, and then remove that password and send the email?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tawfiq

tawfiq Active Member

You are correct, someone could spoof the $header_from address and get through the Exim filter.

I have just begun reading on Exim filtering language, if someone here who have more experience writing Exim filters can provide some guidance on how to absolutley verify the $header_from address or use a password of some sort i would appreciate it.