The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HSTS on server host name

Discussion in 'Security' started by baritoneuk, Sep 11, 2014.

1. baritoneuk

baritoneuk Member

Hi.

I'm still a newbie, so apologies if I'm asking a silly question- my host fully manages my server.

I've recently looked at all our HTTPS sites to see how I can enhance the security further. They now all score A+ with the SSL Labs tool- basically due to changing the ciphers in WHM and setting a Strict Transfer Security header in the sites .htaccess files:

Code:
     <IfModule mod_headers.c>
        Header set Strict-Transport-Security max-age=16070400;
     </IfModule>
    The HSTS header ensures that future connections are only done over HTTPS:
    /http://mikkel.hoegh.org/blog/2010/09/09/protecting-your-users-phishing-apache-rules-hsts/

It's not a massive deal, but I am wondering how I can do that with my server host name. Because there isn't a website there (and I don't think you can have a website on your server host name anyway) I can't set an .htaccess rule. In fact, I'm not sure Apache is involved at all with this.

Is there a way I can set the header when accessing my server, so that it gets an A+ in SSL Labs? It's not a big deal, but it would look good.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator