The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htaccess file is hidden in client ftp's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sinanata, Sep 27, 2006.

1. sinanata

sinanata Member

My clients are unable to touch htaccess file it is hidden I can see it as root but they cannot see theirs from the ftp. Please can someone tell me how can I make it visible?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Look for filter settings in FTP client. For example in CuteFTP, you'd use this -a

(in CuteFTP)Right click site in site manager choose properties. Click Action tab, at bottom click Filter. At bottom of window you'll see Enable server side filtering. Add -a to see hidden files.

3. sinanata

sinanata Member

thanks bro solved.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I thought it worth adding that any file whose name starts with a dot is considered hidden.

If a client changes the settings in their FTP client such that hidden files can be seen, they may encounter any number of additional hidden files/directories - I find its good practice to advise clients that files whose names start with a dot are/were hidden for a reason and suggest it's best not to delete/modify them unless the client is sure they know what the files/directories are for.