The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htaccess password problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dazzling Bull, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Dazzling Bull

Dazzling Bull Registered

I use an account manager piece of software; this is a basic db and as part of the account sign up, it writes the relevant codes to the password protected directory, password.txt file and the .htaccess files thus offering instant access to the secure info upon payment.

All worked fine on my last server but since cPanel has arrived on the scene I am getting some weird results.

My account manager can access the pwd protected dir fine and write in the new login details but the original details are deleted (this is not an issue with the account manager as it worked fine pre cPanel) i.e. only one user exists at a time

Within cPanel I can add users easily under the "Password protect directories" option and of course all works fine.

I also cannot see the .htaccess file in WS_ftp ???

Anyone got a clue as to why an external program can only add one user yet cPanels facility lets me add as many as I need?

2. Roy@ENHOST

Roy@ENHOST Well-Known Member

YOu need to enter '-la' under the MkDir button in WS_FTP then hit the refresh button to see the htaccess file