Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htaccess prevent cPanel AutoSSL to renew certificate

Discussion in 'Security' started by psytanium, Jul 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. psytanium

psytanium Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Apparently every 3 months the cPanel certificates auto renew, but 1 of my domains is prevented to renew because of htaccess, so every time I have to delete the htaccess file, auto renew SSL from WHM, then upload the access file again.

I attached the htaccess file, please can someone tell me what line to remove or to add ?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can browse to "WHM >> Tweak Settings" and enable the following option under the "Domains" tab:

"Use a Global DCV Passthrough instead of .htaccess modification (requires EA4)"

Here's the description for this option:

When you enable this option, Apache adds global rewrite rules to the webserver configuration so that the system does not process additional rewrite rules for DCV filenames. These global rules make it unnecessary for cPanel & WHM to modify each virtual host’s .htaccess file. Note: When you enable this option, the system receives a trivial performance penalty because all of the HTTP requests must be matched against the DCV filename regular expressions.

Note this option is enabled by default in cPanel version 66.

Thank you.

3. psytanium

psytanium Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    any other solution ? i cannot enable it grayed out

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You may want to consider upgrading to EasyApache 4 to allow the use of that option. Otherwise, you can modify the existing rewrite rules in your .htaccess file to ensure the validation file is accessible. EX:

Code:
    HTTP(S)://fully.qualified.name/.well-known/pki-validation/<filename.txt>
    You may need to disable each rewrite rule one at a time and then manually attempt to access a text file at the above path to verify it loads successfully.

Thank you.