The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTML Editor Frustration [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clothesminded, Jul 24, 2006.

1. clothesminded

clothesminded Registered

I've read a couple of posts here that discuss the problem with the "A" like character when trying to edit using the "HTML edit" button. It was suggested to me to use Firefox. I typically use IE. That seems to help a bit, but hasn't solved the entire problem. I was also told to change encoding to "unciode" to eliminate seeing the "A" characters. That does work, but when others pull up my website they won't know to do that.

When I attempt to edit previously created documents/files, I receive a "No input file specified" message. The support team suggested that I rename all my files/documents using no spaces and ending the name with .html. When I do that, it allows me to use the HTML edit and make changes. However, now my button links don't work since I've renamed the document! I am looking at countless hours relinking and renaming those files!

I was just told that this is a bug and the new cpanel will solve these problems. Not sure when this is expected out.

Does anyone know of any fixes for these two problems? I just can't rename and relink all my files. Plus, I'll have to delete all those "A" characters. They are everywhere! These two problems are just not acceptable to me. My website looks horrible and now I'm faced with redoing almost the entire thing. I have two weeks to find a fix for this. I just don't get how everything could be fine for years, and now it's such a mess.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I don't know of any solutions, but, I do know that the bugzilla report was upgraded in severity from normal to major today. I would imagine the fix will come out soon.

Chris

3. electric

electric Well-Known Member

This problem has been reported for over a month now.. I doubt a fix is going to arrive any time soon. (There are thousands of bugs reported in the bugzilla system.. this is one of them.)

In the meantime, maybe try using a different webpage editing tool like the free version of www.snippetmaster.com?