The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTML Editor Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j4t, Mar 7, 2008.

1. j4t

j4t Registered

Suddenly, I'm having some major problems due to the CPanel upgrade.

I've been using the HTML editor to design my website since last year. There is a lot of information, and I've never encountered major problems... until today.

Suddenly, my spacing is all screwed up (many of my breaks have disappeared.) I can no longer access the code source page in the HTML editor, and, when I go to save anything, I get a script error that asks me if I want to "stop script" or "continue." No matter which option I click, nothing happens, nothing saves.

Since yesterday, when I go to open the page I need to edit, I get a pop-up window asking about the character encoding I want to use. I've tried both the default (iso-8859-1) and the recommended alternative (utf-8). The result is exactly the same: I can't save, I can't view the source!!!

This is particularly frustrating because the site officially launches tomorrow, and it happens that these errors are occurring, and a lot of work I've already done has been undone, at the exact moment CPanel upgrades.

For goodness sake, somebody help me! :eek: