The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTML Email problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Markwaugh, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Markwaugh

Markwaugh Well-Known Member

Hello Guys,

I noticed that all of my emails that normally come as HTML messages (newsletters, spam, etc) are now plain text. At first I though it was my computer/email settings, but I have gotten several calls from clients who noticed the same thing. So I think it is a mail server issue

These accounts have reported this problem (of not being able to recieve html mail), although I have a feeling it is all of my accounts that share that mail server.

I have noticed that HTML messages no longer come through as HTML.

any ideas would be higly appreciated. thank u in advance

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear Markwaugh,

This problem should be more related to the email client rather than the server.

Analysis of the email header field will give you some clue,if it is a server issue.

Regards,

3. servmin

servmin Member

I have run into the same problem posted above. I'm trying to send HTML email through exim using perl and it always shows up as clear text without the HTML being rendered. I am sure this isn't client side as I have tested it with numerous clients who are all able to receive HTML email from other sources.

I have setup perl to add the MIME version and Content type in the header of the email but it still doesn't seem to work.

Does something need to be done to exim to make this work?

Here is a snippet of the perl script being used:

"To: user@whatever.com\n";
    "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";.
    "Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii\n";
    "Subject:text\n\n" ;

4. wiserd

wiserd Registered

me too

I've had the same problem. I can get the HTML to read as an attachment, but in the main body it shows up as plain text rather than HTML.

Has anyone found a solution?

5. wiserd

wiserd Registered

P.s.

The problem is browser and application independant. I'm having the same problem on several computers using several different applications.

If I attach the HTML as an attachment, it works. If the HTML is in the main body, it parses correctly on AOL, but not through CPANEL. I know that AOL tends to default to HTML mail and is better at switching between HTML and plaintext, but I don't know the details. I avoid AOL like the plauge but a client suffereing from this problem noted the discrepancy so I researched it.

6. tgibobby

tgibobby Active Member

Does anyone know a solution for this ?

7. othellotech

othellotech Member
    PartnerNOC

it *sounds* like the spamassassin setting to change all emails to plain text, you might want to wade through the sa config file.