Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

htscanner and PHP 5.4 - strange behaviour

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Mango45, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Mango45

Mango45 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I tried to upgrade to PHP 5.4 but discovered that made htscanner behave strangely. By "behave strangely", I mean that htscanner looked for .htaccess files only in the public_html directory, and not the directory where the script was actually located.

Previously I was using PHP 5.2.17 and htscanner 0.8.1. After the upgrade I had htscanner 1.0.1. Before I remove that and try to install 0.8.1 again, I was wondering if anyone had success with this already and if so which versions you use.

Thanks! :)

2. cPanelJamyn

cPanelJamyn Social Engineer
    Staff Member

Hi,

What else was changed in your profile? PHP doesn't control the .htaccess depth, Apache does. Did you change Apache versions? What does the public_html .htaccess file look like? Can you show me at least one of the non-parsed .htaccess files as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mango45

Mango45 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Jamyn, thanks for your reply.

I did not change Apache versions. At least in the context of htscanner, Apache doesn't have anything to do with setting PHP configuration in .htaccess...that is, as far as I understand.

Here is one of the the non-parsed .htaccess:

I just realized now that I don't know if the FakeModuleForHtscanner hack still works with htscanner 1.0.1. I will need to test this next time I give the upgrade another try.

The public_html .htaccess is kind of long and complex so I hesitate to post it here. Next time I'll test with a "fresh" cPanel account to eliminate the possibility of that causing the problem.

Have you ever used PHP 5.4 with suPHP, and set PHP configuration within .htaccess files? If so I would appreciate knowing which versions you use, if it's not too much trouble.

4. Mango45

Mango45 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    In the changelog for 1.0.0: "Added support for IfModule directive"

That may in fact have been my problem.

5. Mango45

Mango45 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I finally got the chance to work on this again. If you would like to use the latest version of htscanner, this is how you do: HTscanner (CGI + suPHP)

Now there's no need to use the FakeModuleForHtscanner hack as things work as if you were using PHP as a module.

One caveat: when you run php from the command line, it still scans your .htaccess files. If this is is not the behaviour you intend, you should use php-cli instead.