The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htscanner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ARPLink, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ARPLink

ARPLink Member

Hey,

I installed htscanner 1.0.0.
    php -i|grep htscanner
    htscanner
    htscanner support => enabled
    PECL Module version => 1.0.0 ($Id: htscanner.c 306061 2010-12-07 17:31:59Z martynas $)
    htscanner.config_file => .htaccess => .htaccess
    htscanner.default_docroot => / => /
    htscanner.default_ttl => 300 => 300
    htscanner.stop_on_error => 0 => 0
    htscanner.verbose => 0 => 0
    OLDPWD => /root/htscanner-1.0.0
    _SERVER["OLDPWD"] => /root/htscanner-1.0.0
    _ENV["OLDPWD"] => /root/htscanner-1.0.0

The problem is that I tried everything in .htaccess to get it to work but without any luck.

I tried variations like:
    <IfModule mod_htscanner2.c or mod_htscanner.c or mod_php.c or mod_php5.c>
    php_value memory_limit 256M
    php_value post_max_size 128M
    php_value upload_max_filesize 128M
    </IfModule>

My setup is PHP 5.2.17 with SuPHP

Does anybody know where the problem is?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The values you are placing into .htaccess are for DSO rather than suPHP. While I'm not familiar with htscanner, you won't be able to use DSO directives in .htaccess on a suPHP machine.

3. ARPLink

ARPLink Member

Hello Tristan,

I'm quite aware that those are DSO directives and that's actually what htscanner does, let's you use DSO directives with CGI, FCGI, SUPHP. The problem is that while the module seems to be active, and from my knowledge, mod_php.c and mod_php5.c should only ignore the DSO directives, I can't seem to figure out why mod_htscanner2.c(which is dedicated for Apache 2.x) is ignoring the directives, too.

I've added a description of htscanner:

htscanner
    =========
    Description
    -----------
    When using a cgi version of php (plain old cgi or fast-cgi) apache can't pass any php settings from htaccess files it parses. This can be solved by giving each user it's own php.ini file, but I didn't like that solution.
    This extension parses these configuration files (in most cases .htaccess) and changes the settings. It will search all directories for a configuration file from the docroot until the directory where the request scripts is found.
    Note: When you don't load the mod_php module in apache, apache will give a 500 error when it finds an htaccess file with a php_* directive. You can prevent this by using a diffirent file for php or by putting: IfModule mod_php5.c> php_value foo bar </IfModule> around the settings. This way apache will ignore them.
    If for some reasons you like to allow your users to have .htaccess files without <IfModule mod_php5.c>, you can use the mod_htscanner.c (Apache 1.x) or mod_htscanner2.c (Apache 2.x) module provided with the package.