Ian Daniels

Nov 3, 2016
Manchester
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
As I believe it to be a problem with the SSL

Basically in a previous thread the main test website wasn't working when entering the public IP in the URL, we have since discovered that amending the local host file on my laptop and using the FQDN it worked

I have tried to do this in my host file for this website I am having issues with and getting the http error 500 problem

I have tried to insert the public IP address and not use FQDN and I am getting the original problem I had with my first site

If that makes sense

Ian Daniels

Nov 3, 2016
Manchester
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes it is pointing to the old server

Now if you was to use the following IP you will see the problem

137.116.xxx.xxx

This is the new/test site

to access the main mpp site you have to edit your local host file

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Daniels

Nov 3, 2016
Manchester
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have just found a entry in a log don't know if it is relevant

[23-Nov-2016 10:05:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 196608 bytes) in /home/******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/constants.inc.php on line 2201

Yes, that is the IP it will be using

Last edited by a moderator:

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
They can all work on the same IP address. That's why it's called a shared IP. :)

The IP address is assigned
That shows all accounts on the same, shared IP address. This is fine, but your hosts file change to view the website at ip.add.res/~username will not work because:

Detected mod_ruid2 in use.
Using both mod_userdir and mod_ruid2 is not a supported configuration.
Changes were not saved.
As we discussed back on page one of this thread.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
So if??? I change the external IP addresses from the live site to the new site the new site should work?

The nameservers at your Registrar, yes.

Your old server has it's own nameservers for the domain. Your new server has it's own nameservers. Under normal circumstances, once you restore the account on the new server properly, and then update the domain name at your Registrar to use the new nameservers on the new server, yes, the site should work.

Your main domain, is using cloudflare. If the support sub.domain is using cloudflare as well, you might consider disabling it and making sure the normal setup works as expected first, and then enable cloudflare once again.