The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Http doesnt redirect to HTTPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FernandoBF, Jun 25, 2014.

1. FernandoBF

FernandoBF Member

Hellou,

I did make a full backup from a cliente account, from other hosting provider(that use cpanel).
    I did a full backup, did past the backup to root /home, and next i did the restour in WHM.

All good.

Problem:

This account have two domains names, 1 is the owner ( xxx.PT ), other one is (xxx .COM).

Then some cliente tried to go ->> httpS://xxx.PT/webmail << -- it works good.

But if i put HTTP://xxx.pt/webmail give me this error:

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@XXX.xxx.pt and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Why?
    If i use security is OK, but the other account in me server works like, if the costumer want to HTTP (login in cpanel , whm or cpanel) my server automatic redirects to HTTPS. But with this account (xxx.PT) it redirect to a SUBDOMAIN. xxx.XXX.pt

I did alredy cleane up the DNS.
    Did go to, -> /usr/local/apache/conf -> httpd.conf (and cleane the XXX.xxx.pt)
    And -> /var/cpanel/users/XXX and deleted the DNS1:XXX.xxx.pt

Anyone can help me? I never have this problem!!!! I now the ther username XXX, is now for xxx.com, xxx.pt and xxx.xxx.pt (i can delete the subdomain).

PS -> Sorry my English

2. SS-Maddy

SS-Maddy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Make sure that the DNS is properly pointing to the new server. Also clear the browser cache and include the corresponding screenshots

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Is it redirecting the /webmail access attempt to the hostname of the server? Are you sure this domain name uses the correct name servers and resolves to this server?

Thank you.