The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

httpd.conf generated with incorrect FQDN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by auschef, Feb 8, 2014.

1. auschef

auschef Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I have WHM 11.42 and I'm running it on an AWS EC2 instance. When I installed, the server had a different domain name than it does now. The internal ip address has also changed (from 10.245.xxx.xxx to 10.0.0.10 within a VPC).

I've done all the WHM panel changes I can find. I changed hostname, rebuilt the address pool, changed the ip in basic setup, etc, but none of that seems to make any difference when I regenerate the httpd.conf file.

From another thread I found, I believe that the '/var/cpanel/userdata/nobody' folder may be where the rebuild script is getting incorrect info from as it does have the old FQDN etc. If that could be the cause, can someone tell me how to safely regenerate these files?

Thanks

Paul

2. auschef

auschef Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Update:

I ran /usr/local/cpanel/bin/userdata_update --reset but it didn't help. The wrong FQDN is still being drawn from somewhere, but I'm out of ideas at the moment, so appreciate any suggestions.

3. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Please type: hostname at the prompt and show us what you have for your server's hostname.
    Also type: cat /etc/hosts

and show us the results of that output.