The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

httpd.conf help......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smilb, Aug 13, 2001.

1. smilb

smilb Member

Can anyone tell me how to set a Name Virtual host directive? I am trying to put two certs on one account.......

Regards

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:006c9425e1]Can anyone tell me how to set a Name Virtual host directive? I am trying to put two certs on one account.......

Regards [/quote:006c9425e1]

NameVirtualHost <ip>:443 (if ssl)
    NameVirtualHost <ip>:80 (if not)

3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

[quote:0e31cbd047]Can anyone tell me how to set a Name Virtual host directive? I am trying to put two certs on one account.......

Regards [/quote:0e31cbd047]

Correct me if I am wrong but isn\'t it one cert to one IP address? You can\'t use name based hosting for SSL.

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:376ecb6cb8][quote:376ecb6cb8]Can anyone tell me how to set a Name Virtual host directive? I am trying to put two certs on one account.......

Regards [/quote:376ecb6cb8]

Correct me if I am wrong but isn\'t it one cert to one IP address? You can\'t use name based hosting for SSL. [/quote:376ecb6cb8]

Yup .. you are right..

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC47

5. smilb

smilb Member

You can\'t for example have www.myname.com and myname.com on a dedicated? My server has been down for several hours or I would have tried the directives by now...............

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:c8ec9a1507]You can\'t for example have www.myname.com and myname.com on a dedicated? My server has been down for several hours or I would have tried the directives by now............... [/quote:c8ec9a1507]

You are probably looking for the ServerAlias directive.

7. smilb

smilb Member

What I am tring to do is set two certs, secure.myname.com and myname.com. I have two different certs, both work just not together. I have tried this directive

<IfDefine SSL>
    NameVirtualHost 65.166.xx.xxx:443
    </IfDefine>
    NameVirtualHost 65.166.xx.xxx:80

I have even tried a free IP#! I give up for the moment.......hate to waste a good cert.

8. smilb

smilb Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone tell me how to set a Name Virtual host directive? I am trying to put two certs on one account.......

Regards

Correct me if I am wrong but isn\'t it one cert to one IP address? You can\'t use name based hosting for SSL.

You were right. I had to it set-up a seperate account with a different username. Works now..........