cPanel & WHM Version
v86.0.16

Raistlin

Registered
Mar 25, 2020
Turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, I am going to move my hosting business under another domain while the other remains, so I bought a new domain which is "domain.com", created ns3.domain.com, ns4.domain.com and added them on WHM's Basic WebHost Manager® Setup > Nameservers section.

Then I created a reseller account for that domain, and tried to browse it and saw cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi page which I thought it was default. Then I put a index page in public_html but nothing changes. My investigate pointed me to look /etc/apache2/conf/httpd.conf and I saw that

For all domains Virtualhost is <VirtualHost 46..165.***.**:80> while

domain.com is <VirtualHost 192.168.***.*:80>

I changed it to shared ip 46.165.*** and restarted apache, so it started to work, but cPanel overrides it time to time, and I cannot not find the problem. Any ideas? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Raistlin

Registered
Mar 25, 2020
Turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, after working for nearly 3 days, I have solved the problem, so here is how for other people;

My server, I don't know how, started using or maybe it was using NAT and I didn't know that. I have been using this server like 1 years and no problem occured. Then suddenly it started to write vhosts with local ip address which is 192.168.***.*, and none of newly created accounts were working.

In ip address section I could see that the interface virbr0 was using that ip, and cPanel was trying to use that, so looking here >> how to Disable virbr0 NAT Interface in linux | All about hosting I deleted virbr0, restarted server, then tried to create a new account, but new accounts ip address was still assigned as the local ip and it wasnt working.

Then I realized that after deleting virbr0 interface, in Basic WebHost Manager® Setup section, my IPv4 address was also changed to local address, so I changed it to my public ip and viola! Everything works perfect again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cPanelLauren