The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Httpd Service Failed to Start.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by programmer, Feb 23, 2011.

1. programmer

programmer Registered

Hello guys,

I'm using ssl certs on my server for 1 domain. Nowadays the certs renewal date comes up and to renew them i recreate request certs and renewed them well but i noticed that ssl certs errors on browser and i try to modify the cert for correct cert codes when i try to save the cert it failed about starting httpd.

Then i cant restart the apache.
    While i was tryin to restart apache i was gettin ssl cert errors even on ssh, and i moved all cert files to out of their folders and cleared the certs from system. In the whm panel there are no ssl certs seems, under host there are no ssl cert files too but still i cant restart apache. Httpd is down :(

After moving ssl cert files im not gettin ssl files errors but im gettin;

This error report while run restart trough whm panel. How can i save my server :( thats important...

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Which certs did you move and how did you move them? If you can provide the exact path, that would be helpful.

I would suggest moving them back and opening a ticket immediately using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or via the link in my signature since Apache is down. This would be considered an emergency issue for the machine. Please post the ticket number here after opening it.

3. programmer

programmer Registered

@cPanelTristan thats solved i think, i was using ssl for just 1 domain, and i removed the ssl support from domain, now i recreate ssl certs with existing ssl codes.

The issue solved. Thanks.