The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

https not working anymore on port 2087

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paulblo, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Paulblo

Paulblo Member

Here is the scoop.

Yesterday I was able to connect to WHM via SSL (https and port 2087) but today it will not connect. The only thing that I can think of that might be the cause is that I re-compiled apache and added the Curl and Curl with SSL support.

Any tips? :)

Thanks,

Paulblo

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

BTW I feel your pain, it seems that changing around apache modules, be it by hand or with a buildscript, can trigger webhost manager from not binding to 2087 and the cpanel secure link not binding to 2083 either.....

It looks like a bigger issue altogether, though probably still related to ssl in some way, shape or form.

Once I figure anything out I will let you know!
    if anyone else has a clue please post something (only if it is intelligent)

ahahah :p

3. Paulblo

Paulblo Member

I got it working...

Somehow someway I was able to get it working. I think it was a permission setting. I updates to the most recent cpanel and it accepted a connections on port 2087. :)

Thanks,

Paulblo

4. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Mind sharing that permissions tweak?
    It might be a bug that is beginning to propogate....

Or I may have just missed something completely.

Thanks.....

5. Paulblo

Paulblo Member

Well I have just gotten a box ready for hosting so I have been trying to lock it down inside and out. Si I changed some permissions on certain diectories so the users with shell access will be very limited as to what they can see. I made some changes to some root directories like /etc/, /sbin/, and stuff so the world would not see the contents. I noticed the SSL problems and then regretted changing all of the directories permissions at one so I changed the permissons for the world to exicute but not read or write. I tested it and it worked. I can't tell you what programs in the sbin were used or needed but I got it working so that is what counts. Sorry I can't be more specific. :)

Paulblo