The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

huge spamassassin files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by megan_taylor, Mar 13, 2008.

1. megan_taylor

megan_taylor Registered

A number of my clients have .spamassassin folders in their home directory which are about 90% of their allowed server space. (e.g. 27Mb of 30Mb) The auto-whitelist file seems to be the largest, followed by bayes_seen and bayes_toks.

Most of these clients are having fewer than 10 messages per week marked as spam. (no deletion rules are set)

Is there any way for me to clean out these files, or is it safe for me to simply disable spamassassin and delete them?

The server is running on current stable (Cpanel version 11.18.3-s21703)

2. Fernis

Fernis Well-Known Member

I would be interested in knowing if this was ok to do as well.

3. TwoDomains

TwoDomains Registered

One of my clients has a 168mb auto-whitelist and a 84mb bayes_seen which eating up much of his diskspace. It would is great to clean out these files.

Running WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.5-R23897

4. megan_taylor

megan_taylor Registered

Hi guys -
    I never got a useful answer out of anyone on this. The most testing I did was disabling spamassassin for a night then reenabling it the next morning when we got hundreds of additional spam messages. Let me know if you do any more testing and come up with a workable solution.

5. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We never had this problem, even busiest accounts usually have this folder within 10Mb limit. But we do check for spam during SMTP delivery and refuse if score is higher than 15. We also refuse emails from blacklisted IPs. If I would be faced such problem, I would not think long and would just delete "auto-whitelist" files and probably bayes_* as well. But that's me.