I activated WHMCS on my VPS - oops!

Networkologist

Feb 5, 2003
Sooo, I went to Install cPAddons Site Software and installed WHMCS on my Cloud VPS. Now it's available on all clients cPanel. Two questions:

Is there a way to not make it available to everyone and just specific users? AND,

On one of my test domains I went ahead and clicked "Buy License" and it recognized my e-mail address (how'd that happen), showed that charges were going to be prorated, but the BIG Checkout button in the top right corner wasn't clickable. I backed out. :eek:

Then I received an email from "cPanel Ticket System account creation" wanting me to "Please set your password here:" with a link which I have yet to get the courage up to click. So, I'm interested in utilizing WHMCS, just not on that particular domain; so not sure how to proceed and what trouble I've gotten myself into.

Can someone HELP!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Is there a way to not make it available to everyone and just specific users? AND,
This is a feature manager setting, you should be able to go to WHM>>Packages>>Feature Manager and select the features you want assigned to a package's feature list.

On one of my test domains I went ahead and clicked "Buy License" and it recognized my e-mail address (how'd that happen), showed that charges were going to be prorated, but the BIG Checkout button in the top right corner wasn't clickable. I backed out. :eek:
I'd assume that you have a cPanel store account with that email and there was no card information on file for the charges.

Then I received an email from "cPanel Ticket System account creation" wanting me to "Please set your password here:" with a link which I have yet to get the courage up to click. So, I'm interested in utilizing WHMCS, just not on that particular domain; so not sure how to proceed and what trouble I've gotten myself into.
Completing the purchase would have opened a ticket and in order to open a ticket with our ticket system, you'd need to have an account which is why you received that email. Internally the ticket system and the store are separate users and one password won't work for the other.