I am begging for SMTP help

simplestar

Well-Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
97
0
156
I've got too much stress trying to figure out where my son is going for Kindergarten, this email issue is making me do cat crawls up the wall. Please someone to please help me.

Issue: SMTP (so it says)
250 XMVP 2
SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=1537
SMTP>> RCPT TO:<x[email protected]>
SMTP>> DATA
SMTP<< 250 ok
SMTP<< 450 [TEMPFAIL] comcast.net requires valid sender domain

System mail being sent to myself is caught up in EXIM Queue manager, Email Troubleshooter says in red Routing Error. Everything regarding email stopped working right a month ago but as of the 8th of Jan, mail only sitws in the queue. I'm not banned from comcast, no spam sent that I can see. All email to be sent are valid emails. As for the Webmail issue, I checked with CPanel Staff and they stated changes had to be made for security benefits. I really need this email fixed, invoices and po's are sent with this. I do not use Outlook-would that be better? I desperately need this email issue fixed. This just isn't right. BTW. I ran updates both in shell and WHM and got RPM db errors. Could this be related? How do fix this? I am so sorry, but I am really desperate now. Thank you.

RMP ERRORS (some iof a long list)
.rpmdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30978) from dbcursor->c_put: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30978) from db->sync: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30978) from db->sync: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
 

simplestar

Well-Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
97
0
156
Alright, I think it's fixed. If anyone runs into this problem, I found a post made by Chirpy. I do believe it helped me. :)

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=42789&highlight=rpmdb%3A

Thereafter I did in shell /scripts/upcp --force. Lastly, I ran /scripts/eximup --force for the email problem. thereafter, I received all the emails that were sitting in the queue. The only thing left it should all be good, is to change the "Original Domain" in the email header beacuse it says the hostname.
 

madaboutlinux

Well-Known Member
Jan 24, 2005
1,051
2
168
Earth
You can also rebuild the rpm database (rpmdb) use the following commands :
rpm --rebuilddb
and
rpm --initdb

If this doesn't help at all and if rpm won't rebuild you need to the following:

Edit the file /etc/profile, search the export line and add the below line after that.
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

Save the file.
Logoff and Login to the server again and excute the command

rpm --rebuilddb

This should fix the rmpdb error.