The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am begging for SMTP help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by simplestar, Jan 11, 2006.

1. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

I've got too much stress trying to figure out where my son is going for Kindergarten, this email issue is making me do cat crawls up the wall. Please someone to please help me.

Issue: SMTP (so it says)
    250 XMVP 2
    SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<root@xxxx.xxxxxx.com> SIZE=1537
    SMTP>> RCPT TO:<xxxxx@comcast.net>
    SMTP>> DATA
    SMTP<< 250 ok
    SMTP<< 450 [TEMPFAIL] comcast.net requires valid sender domain

System mail being sent to myself is caught up in EXIM Queue manager, Email Troubleshooter says in red Routing Error. Everything regarding email stopped working right a month ago but as of the 8th of Jan, mail only sitws in the queue. I'm not banned from comcast, no spam sent that I can see. All email to be sent are valid emails. As for the Webmail issue, I checked with CPanel Staff and they stated changes had to be made for security benefits. I really need this email fixed, invoices and po's are sent with this. I do not use Outlook-would that be better? I desperately need this email issue fixed. This just isn't right. BTW. I ran updates both in shell and WHM and got RPM db errors. Could this be related? How do fix this? I am so sorry, but I am really desperate now. Thank you.

RMP ERRORS (some iof a long list)
    .rpmdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
    rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
    error: db4 error(-30978) from dbcursor->c_put: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
    error: db4 error(-30978) from db->sync: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
    error: db4 error(-30978) from db->sync: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    your hostname does not resolve

rebuild your rpm database

3. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

Alright, I think it's fixed. If anyone runs into this problem, I found a post made by Chirpy. I do believe it helped me. :)

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=42789&highlight=rpmdb%3A

Thereafter I did in shell /scripts/upcp --force. Lastly, I ran /scripts/eximup --force for the email problem. thereafter, I received all the emails that were sitting in the queue. The only thing left it should all be good, is to change the "Original Domain" in the email header beacuse it says the hostname.

4. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You can also rebuild the rpm database (rpmdb) use the following commands :
    rpm --rebuilddb
    and
    rpm --initdb

If this doesn't help at all and if rpm won't rebuild you need to the following:

Edit the file /etc/profile, search the export line and add the below line after that.
    export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

Save the file.
    Logoff and Login to the server again and excute the command

rpm --rebuilddb

This should fix the rmpdb error.